So I have been working for a week on the packet and I'm really excited to present it today to the committee. It contains:
- Introduction to the garden
- FAQ on the garden (the what, why, where and how)
- Info on our gardening buddies (parents) program
- Garden planning sheet for the teachers to help them create a garden plan
- Ideas for garden themes with suggested plants
- Gardening tips and maintenance
- Ideas to integrate garden into curriculum areas
- Suggested plant list
Of course, I'm trying to lower my expectations from thinking they will say "My god, you are a gardening genius. " because you know that never happens when you present something. There always has to be some thumbprints applied to your creation. So I would settle for "Nice job. What about...." That's all I need...just some sort of tiny recognition that I have worked hard on this and checked and verified information 100 different ways to make sure it is right.
Finally, I just have to say thanks for all of the great info I have gotten from Austin Garden Bloggers and Travis County Master Gardeners that I have called on. What a great support system! You guys rock.